Kinesiology Taping is one of the latest therapeutic and rehabilitative treatments. TLC now offers this treatment.
KT has been available for 35 years. However, more recently it has become widely used given the beneficial effects experienced by athletes for performance and those suffering from acute injuries and chronic aches and pains. It also helps to normalise muscle function without restricting movement and increases circulation.
The treatment can be used in isolation during the early stages of injury or alternatively in conjunction with sports massage techniques for chronic conditions.
The proposed benefits of Kinesiology taping during the early stages of injury are:
- Increased circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid. Inflammatory by-products are carried away from the site of injury including oxygen and micronutrients that are needed for growth and repair carried into the cells.
- As a result, this reduces swelling and speeds up the healing process
- Reduces pain
Following injury, we recommend using Kinesiology taping within the first 48-72 hours.
Kinesiology Taping – Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Treatment
The cost of this one-off application is £25.
The proposed effects on chronic muscular and postural complaints are:
- Increased circulation to reduce pain and inflammation
- Facilitates weak/atrophied muscles that are in spasm
- Repositions joints by relieving abnormal muscle tension
- Improved proprioception for muscular/postural correction and strength
Here, we would recommend using Kinesiology Taping following sports or deep tissue massage, as part of an ongoing rehabilitation plan.
The add-on cost of application is between £7-£10 depending on the site and nature of the complaint. Please consult your therapist before treatment.